Dear Parents/Guardians and Community Members:
This letter serves as an announcement regarding the Island Park Schools’ Universal Pre-Kindergarten (UPK) registration for the anticipated 2023-24 school year. We are hopeful that the NYS Legislature and the NYS Education Department will continue to support our UPK program. While there is no guarantee this will happen or that we will receive the same level of funding that will permit us to accept all eligible children, we are optimistic and planning accordingly.
You can begin to view all the registration materials as early as January 16, 2023 in one of three ways:
1) Visit our district website: www.ips.k12.ny.us and register online. You can find the page with all the registration information and a link to the online system, FamilyID, by clicking on the District Information tab and then the Student Registration tab. We will open FamilyID for registration on February 7, 2023, and it will close on February 9, 2023.
2) You can download and print the entire registration packet from our district website by visiting the Student Registration page as detailed above. There will be three days for submission of the completed UPK registration packet at the Francis X. Hegarty School on February 7, February 8, and February 9, 2023.
3) You can pick up a registration packet at Francis X Hegarty Elementary School between the hours of 9:00 AM and 3:00 PM.
There will be three days for submission of the completed UPK registration packet at the Francis X. Hegarty School on February 7, February 8, and February 9, 2023.
You will have to include the following with your packet, whether you are registering online or by submitting a paper packet:
• A copy of your child’s Birth Certificate confirming your child will be four years of age on or before December 1, 2023.
• 3 Proofs of Residency confirming you live in Island Park (driver’s license, telephone bill, deed to home, bank statement, etc.).
• Updated immunizations and a current physical from your child’s pediatrician.
Kindly note, registration does not guarantee enrollment. However, if you do not register your child by February 9, 2023, you increase your child’s chances that he/she may be subject to a lottery or may not be admitted at all. If you have any questions, please call Francis X. Hegarty School (516-434-2670/71). There will be an informational meeting for all families of students that were admitted to the UPK program for the upcoming school year on Wednesday, April 26, 2023 at 7:00 p.m. held at the Lincoln Orens Middle School in the Steven L. Foster Auditorium. Thank you for your attention to this matter and your continued support of the Island Park Schools.
Acting Interim Principal